Dear 2021, this is how I would like you to look like. Thanks.
Made this at the request of Child #2 for her friends and her to decorate and it quite nicely sums up how I think we all would like 2021 to be 🙂 Will with rainbow sprinkles and cream cheese frosting! Ok, well for me at least!
Wishing all of you a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year! Thank you all for your support for #chaaarlottibakes this year – if not for the crazy year we’ve had, this would not have happened! Thankful to all my family, friends and new friends I’ve made through this 🙂 Looking forward to more bakes in the New Year!
For now, here’s the recipe for the Funfetti Cupcakes that you can possibly use to have a blowout New Year!
Recipe (adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction – makes 12 cupcakes)
*Ingredients reduced from original recipe
210g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
115g unsalted butter (melted)
160g castor sugar*
61g yogurt (regular, greek or sour cream)
2 tsp vanilla extract
90g rainbow sprinkles
170g unsalted butter (softened)
300g icing sugar*
60ml heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Place cupcake liners on baking tray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar to melted butter and whisk. Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 min.
- Add egg, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 additions and mixing thoroughly with each addition, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add in rainbow sprinkles and fold in gently with a spatula.
- Divide batter among 12 cupcake liners and bake for up to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. (Note: Do not overbake, cupcakes will become dry)
- Meanwhile, make the frosting, place the softened butter in a mixing bowl and fit your mixer with the paddle attachment, beat for about 3 mins until smooth and creamy.
- Turn mixer off and add icing sugar, cream, and vanilla extract. Mix on low for 1 min then increase to high speed and beat for 3-4 full mins.
- Tips: Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin or more cream if frosting is too thick. Add salt if frosting is too sweet approx. 1/4 tsp.
- Place frosting in piping bag with desired tip. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles.
- Store cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Have a Merry Christmas! Maybe put some frosting on your nose!
Follow me on Instagram: @chaaarlotti