Child No. 1 and I had something fishy planned a couple of weekends ago!
He’s recently taken an interest in the kitchen – cutting vegetables and fruits with a real chef’s knife, getting the fire going, boiling vegetables, making his own scrambled eggs, helping me with banana bread and recently baking a fillet of salmon for the family’s lunch.
I love seeing the pride and joy in his eyes from being able to create something, saying that he’d made it and the delight from watching the family eat what he’s made 🙂 Cos I feel the same way when I bake (more than when I cook). Anyway, here’s the simple recipe that even your 9 year old can do –
1 fillet of salmon (approx 300g)
A pinch of salt
A pinch of pepper
1 tsp of dried mixed herbs
1 tsp of olive oil
2 slices of lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place the salmon fillet in a bowl and coat with salt, pepper, mixed herbs and oil.
3. Prepare some aluminium foil large enough to wrap the salmon, on a baking tray.
4. Place the seasoned salmon in the aluminium foil and pour remainder of marinade over the salmon.
5. Arrange the slices of lemon on the salmon. Wrap the aluminium foil over the salmon.
6. Bake for 12-15 mins – salmon is done when the surface flakes easily with a fork and the middle of the thickest part is just translucent.
#chaaarlotticooks #djcooks #lemonsalmon #salmon #easy #kidcooks #foodstagram #instafood #foodiesg #sgfoodie #f52grams #eatbooksg #yummy #foodphotography #flatlay #flatlaytoday #foodie #foodgasm