Bitten by the cooking bug, a day after making baked salmon, Child No. 1 planned to make lunch for all at home – thumbing through @nigellalawson ‘s Simply Nigella cookbook and declared that this would be our lunch!
Assigning me to be his Sous Chef, to prep all ingredients while waited excitedly to get his hands dirty!
So here’s another recipe that even a 9 year old can do 🦸🏻♂️
Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson
2 boneless chicken thighs (pound to flatten or score to allow quicker/ even cooking)
35g English mustard
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (trust me)
75g cornflakes (crushed)
1 1/2 tsp paprika
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
Spring onions for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Prepare a baking tray (I lined mine with aluminium foil)
3. Mix mustard, mayonnaise, egg and cinnamon in a large bowl
4. Combine crushed cornflakes, paprika and salt on a tray or plate
5. Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry
6. Place chicken in mustard mayo mixture and coat thoroughly and immediately dredge through cornflake mixture.
7. Place on baking tray – repeat for other chicken thigh
8. Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 mins until cornflake crust is golden brown and chicken is cooked through
9. Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise and sprinkle of chopped spring onions
#chaaarlotticooks #djcooks #cornflakechicken #easy #kidcooks #foodstagram #instafood #foodiesg #sgfoodie #f52grams #eatbooksg #yummy #foodphotography #flatlay #flatlaytoday #foodie #what the fork #foodgasm