Armed with a mini can of Caramel Popcorn from @yvonnechanofficial + stumbled on a buttered popcorn rum recipe – it was inevitable that I make one for myself! I learnt a new technique called ‘fatwashing’ to infuse flavour from fat into alcohol.
I also had some leftover soy sauce ganache (so good when paired with chocolate cake) which I decided to use to hold my popcorn on the rim 😊 Also wanna give a shout-out to the amazing @wanderwaves_ for this gorgeous handmade jesmonite trinket tray with gold flakes that I’m using as a coaster 😉
Recipe adapted from @australianbartender
Handful of caramel popcorn
10ml maple syrup
Handful of ice
Popcorn for garnish
1. Place rum and popcorn in a jar. Cover and allow to infuse for an hour
2. Strain out the popcorn
3. Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave – about 30-40s
4. Add melted butter to rum and shake. Leave to infuse for 2 hours
5. Place jar in the freezer for another 2 hours until butter solidifies
6. Strain ‘fat washed’ rum over a glass of ice and garnish with popcorn.
7. Grab the remaining popcorn and enjoy with your drink!
Follow me on Instagram at @chaaarlotti for more updates