These tarts are a result of @eeling.fock giving us square @phoonhuat tart shells and @the_mozs excess cookie butter. Everything else is the side show 😂 Filled the tart shells with custard, added cubed apples, drizzled cookie butter and dusted some cinnamon powder. It’s an easy assemble yourself dessert – no baking needed!
I was a little lazy and didn’t want to make custard from scratch so I used custard powder instead – just add sugar, milk and powder in a saucepan and stir until it thickens.
30 mini tart shells
50g custard powder
50g caster sugar (reduced)
300 ml milk
2 red apples
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp cookie butter
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Prepare custard according to package instructions – mix custard powder, sugar and milk in a saucepan. Whisking continuously, heat until it thickens.
2. Once done, remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature and place in a piping bag.
3. Leaving the skin on, cut apples into small cubes. Toss in a bowl with lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
4. Lay tartlet shells out on a tray.
5. Snip the tip off the piping bag and pipe custard into tartlet shells.
6. Place cookie butter in the microwave for 20 seconds until melted.
7. Top tart shells with cubed apples, drizzle melted cookie butter and finally sprinkle cinnamon powder on top.
8. There’s no dainty way to eat this, you just have to pop a whole piece in your mouth.
Follow me on Instagram for more updates: https://www.instagram.com/chaaarlotti/
#chaaarlottiassembles #chaaarlottibakes #tarts #appletart #apple #custard #custardtart #cookiebutter #speculoos
#foodstagram #instafood #foodiesg #sgfoodie #f52grams #eatbooksg #yummy #foodphotography #flatlay #flatlaytoday #foodie #whatthefork #foodgasm