Made this for the first time on a whim a few weeks ago and it was quite an experience! It’s only 3 ingredients but OH.EM.GEE it is one tough dough to work with! Thanks @disarmme for the initial recipe – I added in some olive oil for this version.
Also finally got to use my pasta maker from my dear Italian friend @patriziagiacomasavino 💚
Recipe (per portion)
100g Tipo or Top or 00 Flour
1 tsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
1. Place the flour in a bowl or on a clean worktop, and make a well in a centre.
2. Crack an egg into the well and add the olive oil and salt.
3. Bring all the ingredients together until you get a dough.
4. Alternatively, you could place all the ingredients into a bowl of a stand mixer and mix it with a dough hook until a dough comes together.
5. Following the instructions for the pasta maker, and with lots of extra flour for dusting to keep the pasta from sticking, pass the pasta dough through until you get a thin sheet of pasta.
6. I passed mine through the noodle attachment of the pasta maker but if you don’t have one, fold the sheet of pasta roughly and slice it breadth wise to the thickness that you want.
7. To cook, prepare a large pot of boiling water with about 1 tsp of salt.
8. Place pasta in boiling water and boil for 2-3 mins.
Check out the video on Instagram