Blessed by @sylviabay with these homemade scones from her kitchen – decided to have it with my daughter’s berry yogurt sprinkled with raspberry powder AND a cup of milk. So comforting.
I’ve used her recipe in an old-school post from before – Mr. Earl Grey Scone, but also sharing the recipe here.
Recipe for Basic Scones
250g self rising flour*
30g caster sugar
½ tsp salt
80g unsalted butter (cold)
150ml milk (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 220C
2. Mix flour, sugar, salt in a bowl or place in a food processor.
3. Cut butter into cubes and rub in with fingertips or place into food processor and process until breadcrumb-like texture is achieved.
4 . Add milk with vanilla essence gradually and fold or process to form a soft dough.
5. Turn dough onto a floured work surface.
6. Knead gently and roll to 2.5cm thickness.
6. Cut into rounds or into any other shape (try to use large cookie cutters & place on a greased baking tray. Brush lightly with milk.
7. Bake for 10-12 min until golden brown.
*Make your own Self Rising Flour: 250g plain flour +1.5 tsp baking powder
– Chocolate: Add 1 tbsp cocoa powder to dry ingredients in Step 2.
– Matcha: Add 1 tbsp matcha powder to dry ingredients in Step 2.
– Earl Grey and Lavender: Add dried lavender flowers to dry ingredients in Step2. Heat milk with 2 earl grey tea bags and let cool to room temperature before adding in at Step 4.
– Cheese: Add 120g grated cheddar cheese to dry ingredients in Step 2.
#scones #homemade #recipe