Super psyched when @yvonnechanofficial passed the baking baton for a #ChocChipCookieBakeoff challenge and I decided to be a little cheeky – instead of making a regular chocolate chip cookie, I made a matcha version with white choc chips 😬 White choc chips are still choc chips right?
And now, I’m gonna hand of this #bakingchallenge to 3 friends – one in 🇸🇬 @jujub38n, 🇺🇸 @dumdeedumdi and 🇭🇰 @nil_ka to keep the torch burning or in baker speak – “keep the oven on”. Adapted a recipe from @tastemade and reduced the sugar (severely), to make these beautiful crumbly creations.
50g caster sugar
50g brown sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
180g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
130g white choc chips
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Mix 1st 3 ingredients in a mixer until light and creamy. (If using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment)
3. Add in egg and vanilla essence and mix until combined.
4. Sift flour, matcha powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Add sifted flour into wet ingredients in 3 parts, continue to mix after each addition.
6. Once the cookie dough comes together, roll tablespoons of dough into balls and place an inch apart on a lined baking tray.
7. Bake at 180C for 15-20 mins.
8. Remove from oven and cool before devouring.