This is getting dangerously serious guys… @irvinssaltedegg issued a #cookoffchallenge and when I saw it I knew I had to make this easy Salted Egg Yolk Ice Cream to go with their crispy fish skin! Who knew that you could build a brand/ business from salted egg flavoured crispy fish skin – so proud of this home-grown Singaporean brand (they ship to some international countries btw).
Anyways, I found a really handy 4-ingredient no-churn recipe from @eckitchensg and adapted it slightly 🙂
Recipe adapted from eckitchensg.com
- 10 salted egg yolks
- 250ml full cream milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can (approx 390g) condensed milk
- 500ml whipping cream
Topping: Irvin’s salted egg fish skin, salted egg yolk and chilli powder
- Steam salted egg yolks over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Mash 1 egg yolk and set aside.
- Place remaining 9 egg yolks, milk and salt in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg yolk mixture with condensed milk.
- In a stand mixer, whisk whipping cream until you achieve soft peaks
- In 3 parts, fold whipped cream into egg and condensed milk mixture.
- Pour into a freezer friendly container and top with mashed salted egg yolk.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve: top with crushed crispy fish skin, mashed salted egg yolk and some chilli powder.
#irvinscookoff2020 #saltedeggyolk #icecream #fishskin #crispyfishskin #dangerouslyaddictive #foodstagram #foodie #f52grams #foodiesg #instafood #sgfood #yummy #food #flatlay #flatlaytoday