Keeping in step with the matcha theme for now and inspired by the Basque Burnt Cheesecake that @siftandsimmer made, I decided to make one for the family over the weekend.
Also, managed to try out a semi-step-by-step video for this up on my IG stories – let me know what you think!
Recipe adapted from siftandsimmer.com
- 200g cream cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 120g whipping cream
- 12g plain flour (sifted)
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- Line a 4″ cake pan with baking paper, crinkling it along the way is part of the process. Let at least 2″ hang over the cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 205C.
- Whip cream cheese and sugar together with a paddle attachment.
- Add egg, vanilla essence and salt.
- Pour in whipping cream and continue to mix.
- Add flour and fold in/ continue to mix
- Set aside half the batter and mix in matcha powder.
- Pour original batter into the lined cake pan, followed by matcha batter.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes and then turn on the grill at level 2 and continue for 5 mins or until the top starts to char. Keep an eye on it during the grilling process.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool. It’s normal for the cake to deflate slightly as it cools.
- To serve, dust some matcha powder on top. Can be eaten warm or chilled.
#matcha #basquecheesecake #burnt #cheesecake #yummy #foodphotography #instafood #foodstagram #foodie #f52grams