The kids wanted to make a simple apple pie today and so they did their version and I did mine.
Saw this ‘rose’ technique some time back on @tastemade that used cream cheese as the filling.
Recipe for 4 tarts (adapted from tastemade.com)
- 1 small red apple
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 shortcrust pastry sheet
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Core apple and halve it.
- Slice each half thinly with a mandolin or knife.
- Place apple in a bowl. Add lemon juice and water and toss.
- Microwave at 600W for 2-3 mins or 1000W for 60 secs.
- Set aside to cool and pat dry if needed.
- Mix butter and sugar together to form a spread.
- Cut pastry sheets into 4 strips.
- Spread the butter and sugar mixture on each pastry strip.
- Lay the apple slices along the length of half of each pastry strip. Overlapping each slice with the next slice.
- Dust some cinnamon powder over each strip.
- Fold the pastry strip lengthwise over the apple slices.
- Roll it up and place in a greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- To serve, sprinkle some icing sugar.
#roseapple #apple #appletart #rose #yummy #foodphotography #instafood #foodstagram #chaaarlottibakes