Looking through recipes I’d saved over the last few months, I chanced upon this one from @tastemade_japan. Only 4 ingredients needed – puff pastry, cream, matcha powder and sugar! You can even make different versions of this with cheese 🧀 or chocolate 🍫!
Recipe adapted from tastemade japan
150ml whipping cream
1 tbsp matcha powder (sifted)
1 sheet of puff pastry
Plain flour for dusting
1/2 tsp matcha powder for dusting
1. Mix cream, sugar and matcha powder in a saucepan with a whisk and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to bring cream mixture to a simmer.
3. Stir continuously while simmering for 5 mins. Mixture will thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 200C.
5.. Dust worktop with some plain flour to prevent puff pastry from sticking to surface.
6. Place puff pastry sheet on top of flour.
7. Spread matcha cream on puff pastry leaving about 3cm from the top of the sheet empty.
8. Slowly roll the pastry from the edge nearest to you to the top.
9. Using a pair of kitchen scissors, cut diagonally on the top of the roll to create sections that you can split.
10. Split the sections in opposite directions to create a ‘twist’ effect.
11. Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 25 mins.
12. To serve, dust with matcha powder.
#matcha #twist #matchatwist #easy #recipe #bake #foodphotography #foodstagram #instafood #yummy