Was trying to make a Dalgona but without the instant coffee and this was the result 😂 But it turned out quite nicely anyways. But to be honest, I needed a drink to have my caramel tuile with 💪🏼 Make this and elevate your morning cuppa ☕️
Layer 1 – Maple Syrup
Layer 2 – Milk
Layer 3 – Nespresso Caramelito Coffee (added on after the cream and settled as the 3rd layer)
Layer 4 – Whipped Coffee Cream
Topped with a Caramel Tuile.
Recipe for Caramel Tuile (adapted from finecooking.com)
6 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
1. Mix sugar and flour together in a bowl.
2. Whisk in butter, milk, vanilla essence and salt until smooth.
3. Refrigerate the batter until firm, about 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 160C.
5. Drop half-teaspoonfuls of batter onto baking sheet. Spacing each round of batter about 2-3 inches apart.
6. Bake for 7-9 mins or until brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle but still pliable, about 1 minute.
8. Remove each tuile from the parchment with an offset spatula and lay it over a rolling pin or thin bottle to give it a curved shape.
9. Cool until it hardens. Store in an airtight container.