Adapted the @tastemade Earl Grey Tea Cake to use chamomile and honey instead and since I had a Bumble Bee silicone mould from a dear friend – I decided to make a Queen Bee cake with icing for my queen bee for Mother’s Day.
Recipe (adapted from tastemade.com)
5 Chamomile tea bags
200g unsalted butter (cubed)
140g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon zest
Pinch of salt
3-4tsp chamomile tea
60g icing sugar
1. Place milk in a saucepan and heat until just boiling and take off the heat.
2. Stir in honey, then add chamomile tea bags and cover with a lid and allow to steep for 15 mins.
3. Pour milk through a strainer and squeeze any excess milk out of tea bags. Set aside to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 160C.
5. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
6. Add eggs, 1 at a time, with vanilla essence and lemon zest, whisking until incorporated with each addition.
7. Add chamomile milk in 3 parts and whisking until incorporated with each addition.
8. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Fold sifted flour into wet ingredients in 3 parts with a spatula.
9. Place batter into baking moulds and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean – loaf pan and cake pan (approx 40-50 mins), muffin cups (approx 30 -40 mins). 10. Prepare icing by adding 3-4 tsp of chamomile tea to the icing sugar.
11. A thick gooey paste should form. Mix in a drop of yellow food colouring. (I added some edible gold sparkle powder and made some black coloured icing since I had a bee cake.)
12. When the cake is done, allow it to cool.
13. To serve, drizzle icing over.
#honeychamomile #bumblebee #cake #bake #chamomile #foodphotography #foodstagram #instafood #yummy