C is for Cookie and cookie is for me! It was indeed for me – ate this entire cookie the other day because I could and also because I made it 🤗. We usually make regular crisp chocolate chip cookies but this time we decided to try the chewy version from tasty.co.
Recipe for 12 giant cookies (adapted from tasty.co)
80g caster sugar
140g brown sugar
1 tsp salt
115g unsalted butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
155g all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
110g milk chocolate chips
110g dark chocolate chips
- In a mixer, whisk together both sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking soda.
- Fold the flour in 3 parts into the wet ingredients until just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 mins.*
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a greased baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.**
- Cool completely before serving.
* For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
** The centre of the cookie may not have hardened but it’s ok, it will harden after it has cooled.
#chocchip #cookie #snack #foodphotography #foodstagram #instafood #yummy