This recipe is whatever you want to call it – banana bread, banana cake, banana muffin. The bottom line is it’s a super simple throw everything into one bowl kind of recipe and that’s what I love about it. And it’s a great way to finish up ripening bananas in a jiffy.
Oh you can also throw in a handful of chocolate chips and/ or chopped walnuts if you like.
Recipe (adapted from simplyrecipes.com)
2-3 ripe bananas
75g melted butter
100g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
190g / 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Mash bananas in a bowl and mix in melted butter
3. Add in sugar and mix well
4. Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix well
5. Sift flour and baking soda in a separate bowl and add to wet ingredients in 3 parts. Mixing well each time
6. Place into baking containers and bake accordingly until brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean: Muffin cups – 25-30 mins, Loaf pan – 40-50 mins