@gongchasgofficial fans will know that they don’t allow you to add pearls to the Alisan Milk Tea cos you’re supposed to sip the tea with the foam on top. But I have 800g of tapioca pearls to finish so… I decided I can break Gong Cha’s rule 😉. Found a surprisingly easy recipe for the foam online, so here you go!
Recipe (adapted from lowcarbingasian.com)
20g tapioca pearls
140ml of water
Oolong tea (make enough to fill half a glass)
40g cream cheese (I used mascarpone)
1 tbsp sugar
60ml heavy cream
Pinch of salt
Pinch of matcha powder
1. Boil water and add tapioca pearls and cook for 30 mins. Detailed steps here.
2. In the meantime, prepare oolong tea and leave to cool
3. Mix cream cheese and sugar in a bowl with mixer until smooth
4. Add heavy cream and salt and continue to mix until it becomes light and frothy
5. Assembly: Add cooked tapioca pearls to glass with tea, top with ice cubes, gently spoon foam on top
6. Sprinkle with matcha powder.
7. Sip and slurp!