Only 5 ingredients needed and a rice cooker! A spongy and rather dense cake resulted and the set and forget cooking method in the rice cooker was pretty cool!
Recipe adapted from soranews.com
150g pancake mix
1 tbsp matcha powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs (separated)
- Place pancake mix, matcha powder and sugar in rice cooker pot. Mix well.
- Whisk in milk gradually.
- Whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into mixture in 3 parts. Ensure mixture is evenly mixed.
- Pop rice pot into rice cooker and press the cook button.
- When cook cycle ends, let cake cook for one more cycle.
- To remove, use a thin spatula to loosen sides of cake and turn over a plate.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.