I made this way before bubble tea stores were closed because of circuit breaker and because I needed to finish up the 3kg of bubble tea pearls I bought in November.
Recipe (Serves 1)
10g dry tapioca pearls
100ml boiling water
1tsp brown sugar
Earl Grey tea
1. Place tapioca pearls in boiling water. Boil for 30 mins, stirring regularly.
2. Strain pearls and run through tap water to prevent from sticking.
3. Place in a small bowl and mix in brown sugar.
4. Place pearls at the base of your glass. Add a few cubes of ice
5. Brew earl grey tea and add milk. Pour over ice and pearls.
6. Top with milk foam. (I used my Nespresso Lattissima One machine to make this but you can use a hand-held milk frother as well.)