Just made this tonight with B’s help but sadly we couldn’t have it after dinner! Done exactly the same way as I’d done before in Ice Cream in 15 Minutes
Strawberry Honey Vanilla Ice Cream
1 cup of milk
1 cup of whipping cream
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp honey
2 large strawberries (cubed)
1 tsp vanilla essence
Strawberries for garnishing
For the make-shift ice cream maker:
2 trays of ice cubes
6 tbsp salt
1 large plastic microwaveable container
1 medium resealable bag
1. Heat ½ cup of milk in the microwave for 10 secs on high, stir in honey to dissolve.
2.Place all of the ingredients in the resealable bag.
3. Place the resealable bag in the container and place the ice cubes all around the sides of the bag.
4. Sprinkle the salt over the ice.
5. Place the dishtowel underneath the container and SHAKEITLIKEAPOLAROIDPICTURE! Actually just jiggle it around such that the bag in the container starts to swirl around for about 7 – 10 mins. It will start to harden when you see that the bag maintains its ‘crumpled’ shape.
6. Spoon the ice cream out of the bag and either eat it all straight away or stash it in a freezer-friendly container and keep it for later.
I find that I like to take my food shots with my iPhone 4 🙂 Has that oldschoolfeelgood factor 🙂 Here’s a parting shot